As you all know, Mama of Kings received a Liebster Award nomination two months ago from Pamela over at It Is Real. Last week, I received a second nomination from Picki Penguin! Picki Penguin is a mom blog that covers all things mommy! Her blog is truly a breath of fresh air, and I am so thankful to have been acknowledged by her!
All About the Liebster!
Since I have already written a full blog post bout the Liebster Award (click HERE to read it), I’ll spare you from having to read my about me again. I feel like y’all may know me better than I do at this point, anyways!
This award is a symbol of the friendship and camaraderie in the blogging community. It is an award given to bloggers BY bloggers. The word “liebster” (of German origin) actually means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. To be nominated for this award, not only once, but twice now, is such an honor to me. I love that my work is being acknowledged by other bloggers that I, myself, admire!
What are the rules for those who are nominated?
If a blogger is nominated for this award, and chooses to accept it, there are a few rules that they must abide by:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting. (This was included in the post about my first nomination — I won’t be redoing it.)
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional — and also, I included this in my first Liebster Award post)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
My Questions from Picki Penguin:
Are you the “pack my bags in a minute and rush to the airport” kind of a person or are you more of a planner with rules and lists?
- Is it possible to be both!? If so, I am totally both. I make lists for everything, but my anxiety typically gets the best of me and so I don’t actually pack until the last second. It’s terrible, really.
Given the option, what would you choose – a great travel opportunity or a luxury experience within your own town?
- I live in a pretty small town, and there isn’t much “luxury” to be experienced. Without a doubt, I would choose a travel opportunity! I love seeing and experiencing new and exciting things, so it would be a good change of surroundings.
Who is that one person that you inspire to be or have become?
- This is a tough one… Ultimately, as a Christian, my goal is to be as much like Jesus as possible. If we are talking about people in our lives, my kids definitely inspire me to be the best version of myself so that they have someone that they can look up to.
How did you get started into blogging?
- I have always had a passion for writing. Term papers were my favorite. Seriously. After the birth of my third child I experienced a bout of Postpartum Depression and after struggling for almost one year with it, I decided to start a blog and let it be my outlet. It has helped me tremendously.
What are your thoughts on Pluto not being a Planet?
- I think it’s a bunch of crap. I mean, what is my excellent mother supposed to serve us now. [If you don’t get this reference, we simply CAN’T friends.]
Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate? (I’m assuming no chocolate in not an option!)
- ALL the chocolate. I love it all. In any form. At any temperature. Just give it to me.
What do you prefer – being outdoors or anything that has a roof with four walls?
- Depends. If there are a ton of bugs and no shade, then I’d rather be inside. Otherwise, I love being outside!
What’s the one thing that you own that you cannot function without?
- My phone, no doubt. I use it for everything.
What’s a perfect day like or should be like for you?
- A perfect day would mean my kids ate their food and took a nap. All in the same day. If we’re getting super wishful, they also clean up their messes. But alas…. #MomLife.
If you were given the opportunity to do one great deed for this world, what would you choose and why?
- Assuming that it would be permanent, I would adopt a child. It has always been a dream of mine to take in a child who doesn’t live in a loving environment.
- Isleny – Just A Regular Mommy
- Jessica – Jess is a Mess
- Jana – Hedge Toad Cottage
- Britnee – Mamas Cold Coffee Blog
- Mrs. B – One Weird Mamma
- Carly – Beauty and the Toddler
- Haley – Adventures of Southern Motherhood
- Susie – Susie Whittenberger Blog
Questions for my Nominees:
- If you could be a toddler for a day, what would you be sure to do?
- What is your craziest #MomLife moment?
- If you could open a new restaurant TOMORROW, what kind of cuisine would you serve?
- What does your favorite color say about you?
- Crunchy, silky, or scrunchy – what type of mama are YOU?
- Would you rather know WHEN you are going to die, or HOW? (Keep in mind you can’t change either one by knowing!)
- CONFESSION TIME: What is something that you did and no one ever found out?
- What is something that TV made you think would be a common issue as an adult, but it really isn’t?
- Imagine the gag reel/bloopers in your life. What would be on it?
- Would you rather lose all of your belongings you own or every picture you have?
If you choose to accept my nomination, be sure to post a LINK to your Liebster Award post in the comment section below!
For blog updates be sure to subscribe below! You can also follow Mama Of Kings Blog on Facebook!